Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Guess What !?

You'll never believe it... I found a dress. Yes, the dress! The dress every girl dreams of her whole life. The dress I was so worried I wouldn't find. The dress I am going to marry the man of my dreams in. The dress I'm going to start the beginning of the rest of my life in... and it's absolutely perfect!! Sorry I won't be posting any pictures (don't want anybody peeking!) but believe me it is awesome!! For those of you that don't know, I don't really like shopping and trying things on and have maybe 3 dresses -that I hardly ever wear-  so to find a dress that I feel pretty in and actually like, is pretty darn amazing!
     I wasn't even planning on trying on, I even said, "No trying on today, just looking" but after looking around I decided maaybe I did wanna try some on, what could it hurt? Grabbing a little bit of everything, I had about 12 dresses to try on. I really wanted to get a feel for what looked good on me, silk, lace, long, short, sleeves, no sleeves. The third dress I tried on I was like "OMG, I love this!!" but was also like, "whoa, calm down, don't get to excited here!" but I just loved it so much!!.  I kept trying on the others though, just to be sure there wasn't another. I started feeling bad for the lady helping me because as she was doing up all the zippers and little hooks and buttons I just knew, nope don't like it! I ended up trying on that third dress one more time to see if I still liked it.. I did. So we went for the whole 9 yards- dress, heels, sash, and veil and got ready to walk down the mirrored hallway. Just thinking about it gives me butterflies of excitement in my tummy!! It was almost to much , I almost started crying. But I took a deep breathe, looked over at my crying MIL (Mother-In-Law) and walked down that hallway hoping not to trip. At the end was a little pedestal for me to stand on so they could show the dress off in all its beauty. They said, "when you find the one you will just know"  and I knew, this was it! It fits perfectly, no alterations needed -miracle! Another miracle- I was approved for the credit card!! (otherwise I would have left empty-handed)  I was meant to find my dress that day, it was meant to be. And now I just have to wait 20 months or so until I can show it off to Dylan!!
    Great.... I just realized.... 20 months of trying to stay the same size.... Bride Boot Camp here I come!

1 comment:

  1. that's great news, Britney! I am so excited & happy for you. I think this would be the hardest part, to find 'the dress.' I can't wait for that beautiful, very special day, looking forward to it so much. love you, happy wedding planning, Aunt Sue XO :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!